Episode #38: Beating Bartonella with Dr. Evan Hirsch, MD
- Last Updated: 02 August 2017 02 August 2017
Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn the latest on the treatment of Bartonella, a common co-infection of Lyme disease.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Evan Hirsch, MD. Doctor Evan, as he is affectionately known, is one of the nation’s leaders and authorities on Chronic Fatigue. He suffered from chronic fatigue for 5 years until he achieved resolution using the protocols he pioneered in his medical practice. He has helped over a thousand people resolve their Chronic Fatigue and is now on a mission to help 100,000 more people through training of providers and creating online content including web articles, videos, and online courses. He has lectured nationally and internationally on topics in Integrative and Functional Medicine and is Board Certified in Family Medicine and Integrative Medicine. When he’s not at the office, you can find him singing barbershop, listening to musical theater, playing basketball, traveling, dancing hip-hop, and spending time with his family. His mentors include: Jonathan V. Wright, MD, Alan Gaby, MD, Andrew Weil, MD, Mark Hyman, MD, Datis Kharrazian, DC, Richard Horowitz MD, Jacob Teitelbaum MD and Nikolas Hedberg DC. Dr. Evan’s focus is on Fatigue and Autoimmune Disorders.
- What role does Bartonella play in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
- How prevalent is this microbe?
- How do people get exposed?
- What testing is most helpful?
- What do some get sick and others may not?
- What symptoms does Bartonella create?
- What about striae, nodules, and cherry angiomas?
- How does Bartonella affect the thyroid and impact those with Hashimotos?
- How does one support symptoms like anxiety, rage, and depression while treating Bartonella?
- What treatment options have been most helpful?
- What is the role of detoxification?
- Does a moldy home impact recovery from Bartonella?
- What is the role of mental and emotional health in recovering overall health?
- What is the overlap between Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Lyme disease?
Connect With My Guest
Fix Your Fatigue Book: http://betterhealthguy.link/FixYourFatigue
August 1, 2017
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.
Was this helpful? If you found this information helpful, I would very much appreciate your support in keeping the site going. If you would like to donate to my work, I thank you in advance and send you my gratitude.
BetterHealthGuy.com is intended to share my personal experience in recovering from my own chronic illness. Information presented is based on my journey working with my doctors and other practitioners as well as things I have learned from conferences and other helpful resources. As always, any medical decisions should be made only with the guidance of your own personal medical authority. Everyone is unique and what may be right for me may not be right for others.